WOW, it’s been a long time since we updated the ol’ website. If you’ve been following us on social media, you’ve seen that we haven’t gone anywhere.
On the contrary, some big things have happened:
- We’ve added a new member to The Hearsay fam– the multi-talented Chase Nixon (who is an incredible all around musician) is now playing keys for us!This opens up so many musical possibilities for us and gives us a bigger and better sound. If you haven’t seen Chase in action with us yet, we strongly encourage you to do so. In fact…
- We are playing upstairs in the Music Room at Smith’s Olde Bar on December 1st. It’s on a Sunday, but it’s early in the evening, so no worries, you’ll still be able to get your beauty sleep. We are playing with an amazing musician Tim Kohler, who will be accompanied by his Friendship Orchestra. We are also honored to share the stage with the mind-blowing talented teens in the School of Rock East Cobb House Band. Trust me, prepare to be amazed…
- Lastly, we’ve been writing like crazy and are preparing to record a professional studio album at a great studio with a producer that we’re excited to work with. It’s a pretty big deal for us, and we are SO excited to share these songs with you soon! Want to stay in-the-know for everything album related? Join this mailing list right here.
Hey folks! We want to share two very exciting things coming up soon:
- We’re playing at Smith’s Olde Bar this upcoming Monday (7/30) in the Music Room (upstairs) with touring band The Dollyrots, an awesome group based out of Los Angeles that’s been around for a while. We can’t wait to hear and watch their set! Doors open at 7pm, and we’ll hit the stage around 8. Check out the Facebook event, or snag tickets here.
2. We’re STOKED to share some new music with you very soon! We recorded our songs “Turn Around” and “Summer? I Hardly Know Her!” with Damon Moon at Standard Electric Recorders Co. a few weeks ago and are so happy with how they’ve turned out! Be on the lookout for “Summer? I Hardly Know Her!” on August 10th!
Hey everyone! We hope you got a chance to watch the Warning Signs music video we released a few weeks ago.
We’d also like to share the live recording from our show at Smith’s Olde Bar on 3/24. Georgii Kovalenko, one of the talented sound guys at Smith’s, did an excellent job with both the audio and video. We’re especially happy to get good recordings of two previously unrecorded/unreleased songs, “Turn Around” and “Summer? I Hardly Know Her.” Take a look (or a listen):
In other news, we’ll be playing Songs For Kids this Friday evening at Vinyl @ Center Stage. We love supporting this incredible foundation who seek to provide the joy of music to sick and hospitalized children in Atlanta and beyond. This year we’ll be doing our rendition of Rihanna’s “Umbrella” and are set to play around 10:30pm.
Saturday evening we’re playing at Two Birds Taphouse, and will be showing our video at some point as well. Two Birds played an integral role in our video, setting the perfect scene for the Noir storyline. It’ll be a great time–don’t miss it!
It’s finally here! We won a contest back in November from ECG Productions to have a music video produced by the company for free. We are so proud of the finished product and so thankful to the folks at ECG, who did an amazing job.
“Warning Signs” by The Hearsay
Produced by ECG Productions
Directed by Jordan Nowlin
Cinematography by Alexxiss S. Jackson
Edited by Emily Payton Jacobson
Coloring by Jenn Lee
Starring Herschel Fisher Hatcher IV and Hillary Tapley
Huge thanks to Marietta’s Two Birds Taphouse for letting us bring the video’s story to life in their space, and to EVERYONE involved in the pre-, principal, and post-production of this video, including the students from the Kennesaw State University Music & Entertainment Business Program and all of our amazing friends who provided their pretty faces and sweet dance moves.
We’re welcoming in the new year with new shows, new music, new toys, etc. Here’s what we have going on:
- This Saturday, January 13th, we’ll be returning to Two Birds Taphouse! Even better, Two Birds will be hosting a launch party for New Realm Brewing, the newest brewery to hit the ATL, on Saturday night. Come hang out with us and be the first to try New Realm. Event page here.
- At the end of the month, we’re taking a little trip to the coast and back. If you live in any of these areas, we’d LOVE to see you there! If you have friends who live nearby, please invite them and tell them how wonderful we are that they should definitely come 😀
- We are stoked to finally start production on our music video for “Warning Signs” the second weekend in February. We need plenty of extras, so if you want to be in the video, reach out to one of us!
That’s all for now!
We have a great group of shows coming up this month. We would be eternally grateful if each of you could make it out to one (or two) ((or three)) (((or all!))).
On Friday, November 3rd, we’ll be back at Reformation Brewery, one of our most favorite places, from 7 – 10 PM in Woodstock. This is always a blast!
On Saturday, November 4th, we’ll be in Canton at Action Church (271 Marietta Rd) to play at a benefit for a great guy and good friend of Ashton’s in need. Check out the details of that event here.
THEN Monday, November 13th brings us back to Smith’s Olde Bar! We’ll be with locals Survival Kit and The Twotakes as well as VISTA an awesome touring band from New York. Check out the event page here.
Finally, the day before Thanksgiving, Wednesday, November 22nd, we are making our debut at The Masquerade! We’re stoked to get to play at the historic venue (even if it’s in a new building!) with some great bands– The Weekend Classic out of Indiana, Young Culture out of New York, and local band Resident One. Here’s the event page.
Lastly, as many of you have seen, we are STOKED to have won a contest to have a FREE music video produced by local production company ECG Productions. Look at for a “Warning Signs” music video in the near future! Here’s the silly video we sent in as our entry:
We had probably our best show ever at Smith’s Olde Bar on the 19th! Didn’t make it out? Don’t worry, you have plenty more chances to see us soon.
We’re stoked to be a part of another BBQ & Brews event along with our faves at Reformation Brewery. Cadence Fair will be a dynamic combination of live music, local artists, world-class BBQ competition, Reformation Brewery’s delicious lineup of beers, and unexpected performances that will make this an experience to remember in Downtown Woodstock. We’ll be at the gazebo in front of the amphitheater from 2 PM- 3:30 PM. See you there!
— We’ll be throwing back to our acoustic days at Two Birds Taphouse on October 14th at 9:30 PM.
— You can catch us at Reformation Brewery again on November 3rd at 7 PM.
— Last but not least, we’re stoked to get back to Smith’s Olde Bar on November 13th, opening the show for a killer lineup with locals The Twotakes and Survival Kit, as well as touring band VISTA. Check out the facebook event here.
Lots of exciting things happening today! We are proud to release our second summer single, “I Should Have Known.”
Take a listen below, or on our Spotify or SoundCloud pages.
We’re also pleased to announce that we have brand new, fancy T-SHIRTS!
You can buy them online here for $15, or with cash at our shows for $10 (we have a big one coming up at Smith’s Olde Bar on September 19th)!
And again, big props to our friends Jeremy Nichols at CoCoa Break Studios for doing an excellent job with our recording, and Kacie Rushton for creating both the cover art for the single and the design for our t-shirt!
It’s here! Our single “Warning Signs” is now available to download on Bandcamp and stream on Spotify/Soundcloud! We’re very proud of it, and we hope you like it!
Major shout outs to our sound engineer Jeremy Nichols at CoCoa Break Studios, Bill Henderson at Azimuth Mastering, and Kacie Rushton for the killer cover art!
Take a listen:
Hey peeps, some updates for you:
- We finished our studio time and can’t wait to share our two new singles with you soon! Here’s a little sneak peek of “Warning Signs”
2. We’ve got some great shows coming up. This Friday, July 21st, we’ll be playing Brew With a View on the rooftop of the Strand Theatre in Marietta Square for the first time. The forecast looks great, so we definitely encourage you to come out for this one! Here’s where you can catch us throughout the rest of July/August:
July 29 – Two Birds Taphouse
Aug 5 – Reformation Brewery
Aug 12 – Two Birds Taphouse
Aug 19 – Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza & Grill (Woodstock)
3. We are stoked to get back to Atlanta at Smith’s Olde Bar in September with our friends Steady Common and King of Summer. Check out the event / buy advanced tickets here!